Snicker Filled Peanut Butter Cookies

I am slightly bummed out because I sooo wanted to enter my special doughnut recipe for the doughnut theme that Tartlette and Peabody's Blogging Event is all about this month! I have to work long hours right now and commute with 3 hours left for home life each night. It won't last forever but there just is no time for longer cooking sessions - so, I made cookies. Not just any cookies but my hubby's favorite, Snicker Filled Peanut Butter Cookies. These cookies are a snap to make and the little hidden snickers in the middle are perfect!
I just love chopped peanuts anyways and I bet a person could experiment and try different little candys in the middle. Even those addictive Lindt Chocolates =D.

Snicker Filled Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
20 fun-sized Snicker candy bars **

Directions:

Mix all together except candy bars. Shape dough around each candy piece
Place 4 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9 - 10 minutes
Cool for 10 minutes.
** Note: I cut the fun sized Snicker bars into thirds....or you could use the bite-size Snickers.


Comments

Deborah said…
I'm definitely saving this recipe!
Emily said…
I'm sorry about your long work hours. Hang in there!

You can bake all the cookies you want to. I love reading about cookies. These sound good. Guess what? I have a little Snickers santa from Christmas that I haven't eaten yet! I guess I'm saving it. ?

Popular Posts