TWD - Tender Shortcakes

Cathy of The Tortefeasor chose Tender Shortcakes for this week's Tuesday with Dorie selection and we loved them!
As you can see, I used one of Dorie's twists for filling options; peaches with a splash of dark rum. I added 1 t. of vanilla bean paste to the whipped cream so you can actually see vanilla bean seeds in the white fluff cloud. I did have a crumbly outer shell but the inside was tender and delicious. Thank you for Cathy for a delicious choice. Fast to put together and fun to present for dessert! Check out all the TWD bakers and see how talented each one is with his and her different approaches to the same recipe.

Comments

Jacque said…
Mmmm, I wish I would have tried peaches. Those look fantstic!
Flourchild said…
I just got some of that vanilla bean paste while visting a mall that actually has good shopes(William Sonoma). I love the stuff!
Your shortcakes look very good and I love the idea of using peaches. I used strawberries and loved them!!
Happy summer!
This look wonderful and yummy !
Tia said…
awesome. upscale shortcakes! love it.

Tia @ buttercreambarbie
Cathy said…
I'm so glad you enjoyed these! I LOVE your peach version! Thank you so much for baking along with me this week!

Popular Posts