Gutsy Cooks - Vichyssoise



Raymond of Your Just Dessert has chosen Vichyssoise along with Coronation Chicken Rolls for the Gutsy Cook's Club.


I experimented a little and changed the recipe up, adding to the cream and deleting celery.


 My variation:

3 cups peeled, sliced potatoes
3 cups sliced white of leak
1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock
salt to taste

(simmer the vegetables and stock for 40 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.  Puree the soup in the blender and then pour through a fine sieve.)

3/4 cup heavy cream
salt and white pepper to taste
2 to 3 Tablespoons of chives

(Stir in the cream.  Season to taste and chill.  Serve in chilled soup cups and decorate with minced chives.)



Fun, easy, and delicious!  Thank you for the great choice Raymond! 

Comments

Vicki said…
No meat in this? I always thought it was filled with fish for some odd reason. I could totally try this. Your's looks delicious!
lola said…
Your Vichyssoise looks lovely. Good job and I am sorry that I couldn't join in this week.
Unknown said…
I agree this was delicious. A must make again in my book.
WoW! definitely delicious. .gonna try this. .=)
Sounds fabulous. I wish I had time to make every dish, I come across and fall in love with.
Anonymous said…
Hey guys,

Would you like to watch Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World movie online? It is not released yet but you can watch it already!

Click here to [url=http://watch-spykids4allthetimeintheworld-online.com/watch-spykids4allthetimeintheworld-online-free.php]watch Spy Kids 4[/url]
Hi Shandy! I've missed you in the blog-o-sphere and just wanted to say hello. Hope everything is ok. Best wishes to you and your family!
Flourchild said…
I miss you...what is up!? I miss your posts too!
john said…
I am very interested for this post. Its really give me lots of pleasure. I choose this article very much. So lots of thanks for this post.
Gin rummy for iPad
john said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seotop1 said…
kỷ yếu đã và đang là món quà tặng ý nghĩa trong ngày ra trường của các em học sinh cuối cấp.
In Nguyễn Gia là công ty chuyên cung cấp dịch vụ in kỷ yếu lớp giá rẻ số 1 tại Hà Nội, miễn phí 100% thiết kế & giao hàng tận nơi.
Với đa dạng mẫu kỷ yếu đẹp, cùng dịch vụ tư vấn chuyên nghiệp.
Xem chi tiết dịch vụ của chúng tôi tại : in kỷ yếu

Popular Posts