Bread Season

Deborah from Taste and Tell has definitely inspired me! She has a challenge of her own started that reviews a cookbook of her choice every month. From what I understand, Deborah has decided to try three recipes out of the cookbook of choice to deliver a fair try and then at the end of the month, she gives a review. I think trying several recipes out of a chosen cookbook is an awesome idea because there is always a chance that the first recipe just may not be up my alley, even though the ingredient's list and the title of a recipe may sound wonderful. The second and third recipe could end up being creations that I will no longer be able to live without. . .you know, it could happen. Well, My Cookbook of choice for this month is Nancy Silverton's Breads from the La Brea Bakery
This bread book is all about starters from sour dough starters to rye starters. I have been wanting to try my own sour dough bread and have a tradition to keep for years to come! My Mom used to make all of our family bread every week. Never store bought bread, never ever! I completely miss the aroma emitting from the kitchen of fresh baked bread. Now I will just start making my own. =D

Comments

Deborah said…
Yay!! I hope you have as much fun as I've been having! I've yet to make a sourdough - but it is definitely on my list to try!

Popular Posts