It's Happy New Years Eve. . .Yes!

Sizzle Sprinkled with Flavor
Don't you just love to hear sizzling in the morning when you know that breakfast is close behind? Don't you just hate it when you have a mental block on what you want to make for breakfast? I am in my crocheting phase (picture below). . .and I want to get somemore of my aphgan done this morning but I also am hungry and nothing is really calling to me. . .and then it hits me. . .fast, easy and comfort food from my childhood. . .yeppers. . .an egg sandwich. I know, I am not inspiring this morning and I hardly see anyone dashing to their kitchen to whip this up but if you like messy, simple and tastey along with *fast*. . .this is the breakfast of champions:



Average - 2 eggs, 2 slices bread (whole wheat/Sourdough/etc.) , 2 slices cheese per person
For 4 people =
8 eggs
8 slices sourdough or whatever bread you personally love
8 slices of medium cheddar cheese, Havarti, PepperJack or whatever suits your fancy =)
mayonnaise
Squirt of Horseradish
salt to taste
pepper to taste



Directions:
Put a little Pam no-stick spray on your skillet while cold and set it on stove. Put burner on medium and get ready to cook your eggs over easy. This means that your eggs will be a little runny on the inside. Want less mess when eating? Cook eggs a little longer. Add salt and pepper to taste.


While eggs are cooking on the stove, toast two slices of bread at a time. Put about 2 T. mayonnaise on each slice of toast. Best to make one egg sandwich at a time. Don't worry, it goes fast.


When eggs are almost done, set 2 slices of cheddar cheese over the two eggs and allow to melt slightly.


Put your eggs and cheese on one slice of toast and top with the other. Taaadaaah! Egg Sandwich. Messy but Delish!


**I have made sausage links and split them in half and added them to the top of the egg and cheese BUT it does make the egg ooze out a little bit more when eating.


Here is my new crocheting endeavor. . .or at least the border of the aphgan =D


The body of the aphgan will be crocheted to look like minature fans. I am mad crocheting to get this done in the next couple of weeks but I also am dying to get some baking done so we will see what wins out. Happy New Years everyone! and HUGS!

Comments

Deborah said…
I haven't had an egg sandwich in ages. This sounds really good right now!

Popular Posts