Heavenly Cake Baker's - Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake and Devil's Food Cake w/Midnight Ganache

The Heavenly Cake Baker Group is captivating, in-depth, enthusiastic, imaginative, and open to new ideas. We are also honest to the best of our knowledge for trials, mishaps, flub-ups, victories, and a finished product actually looking and tasting like the cake is suppose to. This last week we baked the Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake using the batter recipe from the Bostini cupcake batter, only changing the flour from cake flour to unbleached, all-purpose flour and baking in a 9-inch spring form pan. I thought I was error free on this recipe and just noticed while typing this post how Rose tells us to put (2) cakes strips overlapping the entire outside surface. I used one, which could be the reason my Chiffon cake was a little more sunk in the middle then others.

We also whipped together a delicious True Orange Whipped Cream to be dolloped over the top of our Chiffon cake. The orange marmalade, strained, is such a great touch along with the orange zest.



I was in a slight hurry so put the strained syrup into the freezer to cool faster before adding to the heavy cream.



I have read in Hannah's blog, another amazing baker, about why using a flower nail works so well for even baking outside to center. This cake was my first time trying the flower nail for myself and I loved how well the small metal piece works to help equally distribute heat for even baking.


Loved the cake, and loved the true orange whipped cream! Check out the rest of the group's cakes by clicking here for the blog list to see just how talented this group is.


I also made the Devil's Food Cake with Midnight Ganache back on March 13th with the rest of the Heavenly Cake Baker's but did not have time to post so I thought I would now.



I shared a slice of this cake at work and the cherries were a HUGE hit, especially since mine soaked in the cognac for over 1 week. I actually prepared to make this cake WAY ahead, knowing I was going to have a crazy schedule.


The midnight ganache lived up to the name even though I toned down the deep chocolate flavor a little by using half milk chocolate with the dark chocolate and cocoa.


If a person is looking for a chocolate overload, look no further . . . The Devil's Food Cake w/the amazing Midnight Ganache is loaded with a deep chocolate flavor, inside and out! Everyone enjoyed the cake in small pieces because of the richness and I have people still talking about the cherries two weeks later.

Comments

Hi Shandy! Both your cakes look amazing. The chocolate one looks absolutely sinful and just like my kind of cake. Mmmmmm.
Hanaâ said…
Beautiful cakes, Shandy. I've decided to bake that choc cake into cupcakes frosted with midnight ganache and call them Death by Choc Cupcakes (to be sold at the bake sale I'm organizing at work next week). I'm sure they'll do well :o)
inthekitchen said…
Wow - your Devil's Food Cake looks delicious. The ganache looks so thick and mouth-wateringly good!
Jenn said…
Looks beautiful. Especially the DFC. And yes I agree this is the bomb as far as choc cake is concerned. I'm still thinking about it and I made it last month!
Anne said…
Oh wow, both cakes look so great, I can't decide I would eat first! Great job!
Eliana said…
Love seeing your desserts Shandy. Always so gorgeous.
smith said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
matheli said…
Great post ,Heavenly Cake Baker's - Orange-Glow Chiffon Layer Cake and Devil's Food Cake w/Midnight Ganache, very popular due to the comments are witter , thanks medicalnegligenceadvisors.co.uk.
Medical Negligence Compensation

Popular Posts