CEiMB and Dinner - Delicious!

Recipe: Mixed Berry Cobbler (Blueberries, strawberries, and Marionberries)
Does this dessert not look incredible? Easy to mix together; I would say 15 minutes tops. Throw in the oven and wait 30 minutes. I love the brown flour addition to this recipe.


The dough has a slight nutty flavor and is moist, a perfect accompaniment to the mixed berries. This is a dessert I will go-to continually. Guilt free nibbling - just what we like for that little something after dinner.

Thank you Pam for hosting this week. She has the recipe posted on her site and you can also go to the Food Network recipe site to retrieve the recipe. A true Winner!


Fluffy was looking at me, as if she was abused over the lack of attention while I was making dinner. I couldn't help taking a picture. Her and Shadow just love their little beds in the window. I know they dream of catching the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds.

I made Ellie's Mixed Berry Dessert to go with Dinner which was:

A Hearty Beef Stew in the Crockpot
Onion and Cheddar No-Knead Casserole Bread
and Zucchini Oven Chips (Fresh out of my vegetable garden.)
Plus Ellie's Dessert (mentioned numerous times now, sorry)
A Hearty Beef Stew in the Crock Pot
3 lb. pkg. Beef stew meat
6 medium red potatoes, leave peel on and cut into large cubes
1 medium pkg baby carrots, leave whole, they are baby carrots =)
1 large sweet onion chopped
1 c. catsup
* 1 t. salt
* 1 t. pepper
*1 T. beef granules
* 1 t. brown sugar
* 1 T. garlic powder
* 2 t. Creole seasoning
*4 c. water
* 2 T. Worcestershire sauce
Directions:
Mix all ingredients and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.



Zucchini Oven Chips
Ingredients:
1/4 cup Panko flakes
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini (about 2 small)
Cooking spray


Directions:

Preheat oven to 425°.

(Zucchini came from my Garden - 1st one)

Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, and dredge in Panko mixture. Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.



Onion and Cheddar No-Knead Bread

5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided

2 Tablespoons sugar

2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast

1 1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. pepper

2 c. water

2 T. butter

3/4 c. plus 2 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1/3 cup finely chopped onion

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt and pepper. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120 - 130 degrees F. Add to dry ingredients; mix with paddle attachment just until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, onion and remaining flour. Change to bread hook attachment and mix until smooth. Turn into a greased 2-quart round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. F while dough rises.

When dough is done rising, bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from dish to a wire rack to cool. (1 loaf)

Comments

Unknown said…
everything looks incredible. The dessert, the stew, the onion-cheddar bread... YUM...
I am so hungry now.
By the time, I read through all the delicious looking recipes, I completely forgot, I was here for the dessert. I love they minis, especially the hearts. I still think minis taste better, at least, in my thoughts.

The onion cheddar bread has got to be printed. I love cheesy bread and I throw onions into everything.
Anonymous said…
I am back under the right ID. I just printed the zucchini and the bread, up, to make as soon as possible.

Unlike you, I have to buy my zucchinis which I did today.
Bri said…
Hey, great minds think alike! I did the ramekins full of cobbler as well. I love the little heart-shaped ones. Looks great!
Joanne said…
Fantastic eats.
Love those little heart bowls. They make the cobbler look so much more delish..could that be possible?!
I'll take the zucchini chips please.
Hanaâ said…
Wow, Shandy. You've outdone yourself. Can I come over for dinner? :o) I wouldn't know where to start. It all looks great. Love the heart shaped ramekins.
Leslie said…
Can I come to dinner at your house? Seriously, everything looks better than the thing before! I am definitely going to try the zucchini and bread (and I better make SOMETHING for CEiMB before I get thrown out of the group!)
Liz said…
Oh my goodness! I want to come have dinner at your place - look at all that delicious food!! YUM! I'm glad the cobbler turned out well; I love your heart-shaped dishes.
Kayte said…
Wow, look at all the recipes I get for this one stop shopping trip here...they all look really wonderful, going to have to steal them soon...this looks like a perfect fall meal to me...guys here would love it all. Your cobbler looks wonderful...really like the idea of the little individual ones and those heart dishes, oh so cute!

Popular Posts